Un- Stuffed Peppers
Can't fully cook the rice Stuffed Peppers? Try this Un- Stuffed Peppers recipe! It's not as pretty, but it tastes just as delicious without all the work!
- 1 pound ground beef (sometimes, I'll substitute venison)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into large chunks (Frozen peppers work great too.)
- ¼ of a large onion (or equivalent), diced
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- 4-6 Tablespoons sugar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown beef in your largest skillet, drain off the fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add peppers, onions, and tomato paste.
- Add enough water to thin out the tomato paste to make it very soupy.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the sugar.
- Cook on low for about 20-25 minutes while the rice is cooking. (30 minutes long will be fine if you're cooking brown rice.)
- Add the cooked rice and then taste adjust.
- Add enough water to make it soupy again and then cook for another 30-45 minutes or until it is cooked down.
- INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- *This method uses uncooked brown rice.
- Brown beef and drain off the fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef along with the rest of the ingredients and 4 cups of water to the instant pot.
- Use the manual setting and cook the meal for 25 minutes.
- Release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2009/04/un-stuffed-peppers.html