Homemade freezer jelly is a perfect jelly for the beginning "canner." It's simple, needs no processing, and stays in the freezer for a whole year.
- 4 cups 100% fruit juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ¾ oz. package powdered fruit pectin
- 4 ½ cup evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here)
- Pour the fruit juice and the lemon juice into a large stock pot.
- Sprinkle the pectin over the juice and let it stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir to dissolve the pectin.
- Bring the juice to a full, rolling boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the evaporated cane juice or sugar.
- Return to a full, rolling boil, stirring often. Boil hard for 1 full minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and quickly skim any foam off with a metal spoon.
- Immediately ladle into containers. Cover and let it stand for 24 hours.
- This will last for several weeks in the refrigerator or you can freeze it.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2009/03/freezer-jelly.html