- 1 recipe double pie crust (Try my flaky pie crust here.)
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, heaping
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups pears, peeled, chopped, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Sprinkle the prepared fruit with lemon juice to slow the oxidation process.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the sugar mixture and vanilla into fruit, stirring well to cover fruit with the sugar mixture.
- Empty the bowl into a pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with the remaining pie crust, sealing the edges with a bit of water. Flute the edges.
- Cut slits into the top crust to allow steam to vent.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 35-40 more minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes