Spiced Apple Jelly
- 2 pounds apples, peeled cut into large chunks
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ cups sugar, or substitute, to taste depending on how sweet the apples are will be using
- Combine the apples, water, vinegar, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a large pan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the cloves and cinnamon sticks. Pour the liquid through a jelly bag or a butter muslin lined colander into a large bowl or pan.
- Return the liquid to the pan and add the sweetener. Bring to a boil and boil until it forms a gel, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and ladle into hot pint-sized jars. Process in a water bath for 10 minutes to preserve.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at http://www.reformationacres.com/2014/09/spiced-apple-jelly.html