While I’m not much of a coffee drinker (like as in I can’t remember the last time I have had one but if I had to guess we could probably use the words “decade plus” and come up with a fairly accurate figure), my husband is. Typically, he likes it strong and black, but he if he is going to bother to deviate from that, he likes a specialty coffee.
Now that we live from nice and inconveniently far from the nearest Starbuck’s, my budget can breathe a sigh of relief, but I don’t want to deprive him entirely so that every time he goes to town he’s tempted.
That’s why I was excited to try this recipe when I saw it. It seemed very simple and straightforward and frugal since I can use ingredients that I have on hand.
I even tried some.
I’ll try anything with pumpkin in it at least once…
So now we have it. Right here in black and white. I drank coffee in September of 2013.
And in this particular case, it was so flavorful, I could easily see myself occasionally indulging in it again!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used the bovine variety though)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons pumpkin puree (Canned or make your own- Learn how HERE.)
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup strong coffee
- pinch cocoa powder
- Brew 2 cups of strong coffee
- In a saucepan, warm the milk, pumpkin, and honey until beginning to steam.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and spices.
- Fill your mug halfway with the milk mixture and then fill all the way with coffee.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
Recipe Credit: A Paleo Pumpkin Thanksgiving