It’s not often that a cookie will make the cut into our family recipe book, but this recent discovery satisfies my family’s sweet tooth and almost assuages my guilt considering its’ inclusion of somewhat healthful ingredients… as far as cookies go. I know it’s not exactly pumpkin season either, but we’re sure enjoying them none the less!
Most of all, I appreciate any excuse to delight in a sweet & creamy glass of fresh raw milk!!
Whole Grain Pumpkin Cookies
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sucanat, or brown sugar (Buy Sucanat here)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, set aside.
- With a mixer cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix in nuts.
- Drop by tablespoon sized spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake for 14 min.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.