- 4 cups mulberries (about a quart), washed & stems removed
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- ½ cup flour (I used half all-purpose & half whole wheat)
- Double Crust Pastry (This is our favorite flakey pie crust )
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, gently mix the prepared berries with sugar and flour until the berries are coated evenly. Set aside while you prepare the pie crust.
- When the crust is finished, spoon the berries into the bottom crust and then arrange a latticed top crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Cooling the pie completely before slicing is necessary to avoid a runny pie filling.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at http://www.reformationacres.com/2011/07/mulberry-pie-recipe.html