Mulberry Apple Muffins
Yield 15 muffins
Everybody needs a basic berry muffin this recipe works beautifully to make Mulberry Muffins with Apples and Streusel Topping (Or with your favorite berry!)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup oil
- 2 egg
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups mulberries, or your favorite berry
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all dry batter ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Fold in the mulberries and apples.
- Spoon fill the prepared muffin tins (either greased or paper lined).
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Add butter cubes and mix with a fork (or set your kids loose with their hands! They'll love to lick their fingers - when they're done of course!)
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at http://www.reformationacres.com/2009/07/mulberry-apple-muffins-2.html